Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tuesday Talks | Reading Beyond Enjoyment

You can join the Tuesday Talks discussion group to participate in the weekly discussions with fellow book lovers. 

Reading Beyond Enjoyment
For me reading is a stress reliever and just a part of who I am. It's fun and gives me new ideas to think about. I don't necessarily think of it as escape, because I like my life and the world in which I live, but I do enjoy reading about things that aren't possible in this world. 

I like to read for fun and enjoyment. However, I also like to read for education. I like to discover new things and enjoy reading books, whether fiction or non fiction, that give new insight. I still want these books to be enjoyable though. If they aren't then it's hard for me to learn. 

So even if I'm reading for an academic reason I want my books to be enjoyable. I don't see a point in spending my time reading something that I don't like. 

What do you think? Do you read things you don't enjoy? If so, tell me why in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. I definitely read for enjoyment otherwise I would find a different hobby. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I spend fat too much time reading to not enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. Once I get past the halfway mark, I feel obliged to carry on reading, even if I'm not enjoying it because of the mentality: if I've got this far, it can't be that bad! In general though, I hate dnf'ing

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Book & Random Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be the same way. Eventually I got to the point where I will just put a book down if I'm not really enjoying it. I would rather read something that I really like than something that I don't.

      Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete