Thursday, August 20, 2015

Monthly Recommendations | Underrated Books

I've just joined a new goodreads discussion group Monthly Recommendations that was created and is run by Kayla and Trina. Each month there is a new topic and you either blog or video or discuss on the group books that you think fit that topic. You should check it out and join us. 

August: Underrated Books
Ha, there are SO many books that I'm sure I could put on this list, but I'll try and go through and find some that I think deserve more attention (plus I can't think of them all right now). 

  • I'm going to start off with Stay the Distance by Mara Dabrishus. It's a 2015 release that I was absolutely addicted to. It's set in the world of Thoroughbred horse racing and has romance, family drama, and of course horses. It's young adult and so good. Seriously, I can't stop thinking about this book. 
  • Next I'm going to say All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill. This one is more well known, but not an overly popular title. And I absolutely adored it. Finn was just perfect. It's a time travel young adult adventure. Highly recommend it.  
  • Now I need to tell you about Life Expectancy by Dean Koontz. This was my first Koontz novel and made me fall in love with the man. Seriously, aside from Brandon Sanderson he is my favorite author. This book made me laugh so hard I cried. You may think that's extreme since it's supposed to be more suspense horror, but Koontz knows how to have a good laugh in the most frightening of circumstances. 
  • I don't want to go on all day, so I'm just going to mention one more. The Cry of the Icemark by Stuart Hill. This is a middle grade or young adult fantasy series that I've read twice (the first two books at least) and really enjoyed. They aren't very widely read, but they are good. 
Like I said before, I could go on and on. And don't worry, I'm sure I'll have more posts coming up that discuss some of my underrated favorites. What are some of yours? Let me know in the comments below!


2 comments:

  1. I think the My Story books are pretty underrated. They're for younger teens but still a good read!

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I don't think I've ever read any of those. Might have to check them out. Thanks!

      Delete