Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Tuesday Talks | Multiple Points of View

You can join in the discussions through the goodreads group Tuesday Talks which was created by Janie and Janelle. It's always a lot of fun and an interesting way to connect with other readers.

What Are Your Thoughts About Multiple POV's in books?
Reading books with multiples points of view is one of my favorite things. I love how in depth a story can go when you're getting so much information from several different sources. Obviously not every novel can or should have multiple points of view, but I really enjoy them when they do. 

I've read several first person narratives that switch back and forth between two or three characters chapter by chapter and I really like this. If done well it can make the story flow really well. And you get more than one perspective. Sometimes a first person story is more difficult to connect with because you're only getting that one persons side of the story. 

In the fantasy world there are many novels that have alternating points of view. Brandon Sanderson (one of my favorite authors), uses third person multiple points of view in almost all of his novels and I really love the way it's able to deepen the story and make everything more real. 

So the short of it is, I really enjoy a multiple point of view story. What about you? Do you like more than one POV or do you want to stick with just one?  

2 comments:

  1. I love multiple POVs in books. You’re right that it creates a lot more depth when it’s done well.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are great. And the story is changed completely. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete