Friday, August 28, 2015

Mid-Year Freakout Tag

I was not actually tagged to do this, but I saw my booktube friend Janie (from Bookworms Buddy) do this tag and I thought it looked like a lot of fun, so here it goes! Most of these questions could be answered with just a couple of books, but I'm going to try and use more than just those.
 
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2015. 
This is the easiest question. This is actually my favorite novel of all time and that is: The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson.

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2015.
Some of you may be able to guess this one pretty easily. My favorite sequel of the year is: Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson.

3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.
Probably The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey. The cover is what got me for this one. It reminded me so much of the Grisha books (and I love those) that I was immediately drawn to it. We shall see if I get to it. 

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
Brandon Sanderson is dominating this tag so far. The book I'm looking forward to most is: Shadows of Self by Brandon Sanderson.

5. Biggest disappointment.
This is a really popular book, but it's the first one that came to mind. And I was really disappointed with it. That book is: Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
I just couldn't enjoy this novel. You can find my review on goodreads if you want to see more of my thoughts.
6. Biggest surprise.
I picked this up because the list sounded like an interesting set up for a story. I had no idea I would like it so much. 
This is easily one of my favorites of the year. I would really like to read it again.
7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
This is actually kind of an easy one. I read received her first novel through Netgalley earlier this year and fell absolutely in love with it. Mara Dabrishus. 
I love novels set around horses (if they are done well) and this one was brilliant. I think most fans of young adult contemporary novels would enjoy this even if they aren't horse lovers.
8. Newest fictional crush.
Well, I suppose I have a few. The main one is Kaladin from the Way of Kings. I just adore his character. Beck from Stay the Distance amazing as well, for different reasons. And one that I've been reminded of from rereading is Elend from the Mistborn trilogy. I don't know if I didn't like him as much the first time through or if I had forgotten, but he's just brilliant.
9. Newest favourite character.
Kaladin. Hands down. He's my favorite character of all time.
10. Book that made you cry.
There have been a few. I cried through The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance, but I'll give a new answer. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. Such an emotional book. 

11. Book that made you happy.
A lot of the books I've already mentioned, actually. There were so many parts that were so beautiful in these books. I'm sure there were lots of others as well, but these favorites I've already listed are definitely some of them.
12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year. 
I don't think I've seen a book to film adaptation this year, aside from re-watching old ones. I don't tend to watch very many movies. A favorite that I've re-watched that I love is the mini series of North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. Such an excellent adaptation (I actually prefer it to the book slightly).
13. Favourite review you've written this year. 
I tend to like most of my reviews. Maybe my review for From The Ashes or The Way of Kings. I did really enjoy both of those reviews.
14. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)
Aside from The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance (I love those covers!) I would have to go with Love and Other Unknown Variables by Shannon Lee Alexander. I'm a mathematician, so it had some extra beauty because of the design. I love the book too. (I won this in a giveaway)

15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
The only ones I *need* to read by the end of the year are the ones that I have for review. There are several that I would like to read, but I switch around so much that there's no telling what I'll end up reading.

I'm not going to tag anyone, but if you do this tag, please let me know so I can check it out!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great tag. I don’t know if it’s mid-year anymore, but I might have to do it. I like the questions.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! These questions are great no matter when you get to them.

      Delete