Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Tuesday Talks | Favorite Setting

Well, it's Tuesday and that means it's time for some more Tuesday Talks discussions. The discussion group was created by Janie and Janelle and you should definitely come and discuss bookish things with us.

Favorite Settings for Novels
This is kind of a difficult topic for me to discuss because I'm not entirely sure I have a favorite. Fantasy is my favorite genre, so I love a made up world type of setting, but I'm not sure if it's the setting that makes me love the genre so much. 

I think almost anything can be an interesting setting, if done right. Aside from fantasy worlds I really enjoy novels that are set somewhere near the ocean or a body of water. Particularly if the water plays a large role in the novel. I also love a story set around horses. Racing, jumping, dressage, it doesn't matter. 

Another setting I really like is the road. Travel adventures or road trip novels are fascinating to me. I love traveling and seeing new places, so reading about characters traveling just feeds my wander lust. And if the covers have maps on them, that's a bonus. 

So this is a short post, but I'm not sure what else I can really say. If I like the characters I tend to not mind the setting much. What about you? Do you have a favorite setting? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Like you, I don't really have a favourite ssetting. But as I prefer contemporary at the moment, any real-life place will do for me as long as it is built well!

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reading a lot of contemporary lately as well. And I definitely agree that as long as it's well built and constructed I'll like it.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete