Friday, October 23, 2015

Inside & Out Tag

This is a really old tag, but I've read/watched a few recently and decided I wanted to do this tag. It was created by MathomBooks on booktube, so check out his channel.  


I Inside flap/Back of the book summaries: Too much info? Or not enough (Discuss) 
Personally I don't really care to read all of the information in the flap of a book (or on the back). I want a two or three sentence hook with just enough information to grab me. Usually I read a synopsis, put the book aside, and read it once I've forgotten what the synopsis said. I tend to enjoy books more when I read that way.

N New book: What form do you want it in? Be honest: Audiobook, E-Book, Paperback, or Hardcover?
Hardcover books are actually my favorite. I do like paperback and e-books, and occasionally I enjoy audio, but a hardcover book is just my favorite. If they're made well.

S Scribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, taking notes, making comments, or do you keep your books clean clean clean? (Tell us why)
Scribble! I love scribbling out notes in the margin of my books. It makes me feel like I'm connected to the story. And I love flipping through a book once I've finished (or am rereading it) and seeing all those notes. It makes me feel like I'm reading it for the first time again.

I In your best voice, read for us your favorite 1st sentence from a book.
So I obviously can't read this to you since this is a blog and not my booktube channel. And I'm not really sure what my favorite first sentence is...I can think of loads of last sentences...I might have to just write a post about this later. 

D Does it matter to you whether the author is male of female when you're deciding on a book? What if you're unsure of the author's gender? 
It doesn't matter to me either way. Most of my favorite authors are men, but I've read more books by female authors. I think that men and women can both be very talented and bring something interesting to light with their stories. I do think it's funny when I think the author is a man and it turns out to be a woman (or the vice versa).

E Ever read ahead? or have you ever read the last page way before you got there? (Do confess thy sins, foul demon!) :)
Unfortunately...yes. Many, many times. I try not to. And I've gotten loads better about this, but I do sometimes skip ahead and read pieces or read the ending first. I really try not to do that though.

&

O Organized bookshelves, or Outrageous bookshelves? 
A little of both I guess. I would say more organized though. I try to keep everything separated by author and then in a certain order if it's a series. Sometimes this gets messed up depending on how I have a shelf arranged. But I've gotten passed having crazy out of control shelves.

U Under oath: have you ever bought a book based on the cover (alone)? 
Nope. I don't pay a lot of attention to covers. It's usually more likely the title that will catch my attention. Maybe something about the cover, but usually it's words. Title, authors name, series name. Not the visual.

T Take it outside to read, or stay in? 
I really like to read inside and outside. As long as it's not too sunny where I'm sitting then outside is really nice. I get really bad headaches in general and reading in bright sunlight really bothers me. That's one reason I don't love reading on the beach. But under a tree in my yard is a different story. 

2 comments: