Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tuesday Talks | Matching Book Covers

Tuesday Talks is a weekly discussion group created by Janie and Janelle and run through goodreads. You can visit the group here to find out more about the group and join in the discussions.

Matching Covers: Does Your Series Have To Be The Same?
This will be a pretty short post from me today. I don't own a large collection of books and when I am able to purchase books I generally don't care what cover they have. I do prefer a series to have matching covers, but it's not a big deal to me if they don't. 

There are certain series' that I've read before that I prefer a certain cover version over another and I would definitely search those out to buy. If I found the non desired cover for a good price though, the cover wouldn't be a deal breaker. 

Honestly, it's more about the story for me in general anyway. If I like the book I don't mind the cover much. And if my series of books doesn't match it's not that big of a deal to me. I have a few series' right now that don't completely match. In some cases it's the covers, others it's just the size of the book. 

What do you think? Do you need all of your covers to match? Are you fine with different ones? Do you get all of your books in hardback or paperback to make sure that matches too? Let me know in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I completely agree! While I would much rather prefer my covers to be the same, I would spend any extra money trying to do it. A book collection is a lot about a collection of stories over a collection of physical objects. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I actually think it makes the collection more interesting, in a way, to have a bunch of different covers. More eye catching.

      Delete