Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tuesday Talks | Favorite Love Stories and Couples

This week we have a Valentine themed topic for Tuesday Talks. If you don't know what this is, it's a discussion group created by Janie and Janelle that was designed for booktubers and book bloggers to discuss bookish related topics.

Love Stories and Couples: My Favorites
As many of you know, I'm not a huge reader of romance. However, there is usually some romantic theme in the books that I read. And I typically really enjoy them. So here are some of my favorite love stories and couples.

Odd Thomas and Stormy Llewellyn from the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz. These are some of my favorite books and I just love this couple. Seriously, they are adorable. There is so much messed up in their lives and with their families, but they've found each other and they support each other. It's beautiful.

Vin and Elend from the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. These two. Goodness, I love them. It's not a main focus of the series, but this relationship is crucial in so many ways. And while some might call this insta-love, I didn't mind it. Here it worked. Part of it is that the initial attraction didn't lead straight to a relationship, there was still a foundation laid. Just beautiful.

Elizabeth and Darcy from Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. This is one of my favorite novels of all time and the relationship between these two is beautifully crafted. They both misjudge each other right from the beginning and it's a somewhat slow and gradual process for them to actually get to know and appreciate each other. 

There are many more I know I could list, but I don't want to go on all day. What are some of your favorite love stories? Who are some of your favorite couples?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment