Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Tuesday Talks | Anticipated Releases of 2016

To find out more about Tuesday Talks, a discussion group created by Janie and Janelle, visit the goodreads group. There are new topics each week and it always makes for interesting discussions.

Most Anticipated Books of 2016
I already talked about anticipated releases in a recent booktube video, so for now I'm just going to focus on one book. And that book was released today! 

 This is the sixth installment in the Mistborn series (the third in the Wax and Wayne books, which is a separate series). I've been looking forward to this read for ages now. The most recent book, Shadows of Self, was released late last year. 

This series is set three hundred years after the original series ended and follows Wax, a Lord with a desire to keep the peace, and his trusted sidekick Wayne, who gets his hands into every mess. The magic has evolved and shifted in the three hundred years that have passed. In some ways I like it even more here, which is saying a lot, since I loved the original magic system. 

There are some other books I'm looking forward to, but perhaps none quite so much as this. And of course Calamity, the conclusion to the Reckoners trilogy which comes out in February. 

What releases are you most excited for this year?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I have never heard of this book series but your post makes me want to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like fantasy novels at all then I highly recommend Brandon Sanderson. And the Mistborn series is a great place to start! Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete