Saturday, January 30, 2016

Promise Not Kept | Original Poem

Hello, reader friends! Recently I've been wanting to share more of my writing. I'm currently working on outlining a novel and have another planned to start just after I finish the first draft of this one. Here on my blog I want to share some of the short stories and poetry I am writing. And there is no better time to start than the present!

This poem is one that I recently used in a goodreads writing group. I was very happy with how it turned out and thought I would share it with you. Comments and feedback are always welcome, so feel free to tell me what you think.

Promise Not Kept
Whispered promises
in the dark of night
You brushed my lips
with a kiss
Feather light fingertips
across my skin
The space between us
was so thin
Until the cold like a knife
cut right in
Whispered promises
touched by the light of day
We never could have
kept them anyway  

~C.P. Cabaniss~

Note: This is my original work, please do not copy without permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment