Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Top 5 Wednesday | Favorite Titles

For this post I'm going to be talking about 5 titles that I love and give you some of the reasons why. I decided to include only books that I've read. These are not necessarily my favorite books, just some titles that I really like. There are also many titles I have yet to read that I find fascinating, but those are for a different post. :) So here we go.

This is a novel by Robert T Jeschonek that I picked up at the library a couple months ago. The reason I grabbed it? That title! Once I read the synopsis it sounded really interesting, but I grabbed it solely on its title. You have to admit, that's a pretty neat title. It's not widely read, so if you're not one of those who have read this you really should give it a try. It's not perfect or the best book I've ever read, but it's interesting and different in many ways. It really made me think throughout the story. It's a quick read too. Give it a try. Maybe you'll find that your favorite band doesn't exist either.

This is a novel I just recently read and if you've read my review then you know I loved it. I believe the title was inspired by a line from a Shakespeare play perhaps (I just can't remember which one at the moment). What I love so much about this title is the different meanings it has. It could be a reference to all the days we've lived thus far in your life; a collection of every yesterday we've ever had. But this was a time travel novel where Em and Finn had traveled through time 15 times, so that changes the meaning a bit and I love it! Because now yesterday isn't just for the me I am now, but for the me I was in all those other realities! A super fun read that you should check out if you haven't yet.

The title is what originally drew me to this book as well. I was just browsing shelves in the library and this caught my eye. It was just intriguing. I really enjoyed the book as well. The name makes more sense once you've started reading the book and you realize that the flavors are personalities and that Dumb is a band. A really good book that you should also check out if you haven't. 

This title, as I'm sure almost all of you know, is a variation of a famous Shakespeare line (a really good one too). That was one of the things that drew me to this title. I heard of it and the first thing that popped into my head were lines of Shakespeare. It turned out to be a really good, if sad, read. The title is interesting and I love the original cover too. It's just a great title. Whether you love Shakespeare or not.

This is the title of a Dick Francis novel that I read years ago. I love horses and for a while I was obsessed with all horse racing trivia. I'm fuzzy on the details of this novel since it's been so long, but I remember enjoying it immensely. In horse racing horses can be given weight penalties and forced to carry more in order to even out the field. I loved the fact that this title had a dual role; not only did it refer to the penalty the horse must carry, it also referred to the price one must pay for a crime. It was just brilliant to me and I continue to love this title.

So there you have five of my favorite titles. I'm sure there are many others that I didn't think of that I love just as much, but these are some of my favorites. Let me know what some of your favorite titles are in the comments. For the complete list of Wednesday-ers you can go here.

If you want to connect with me you can find me on goodreads here and my booktube channel Courtneyreads here. I would love to connect with you all through blog and video!

Until next time. This has been your book loving friend, Courtney.



No comments:

Post a Comment