Friday, October 31, 2014

My NaNoWriMo 2014

With the start of NaNoWriMo 2014 only two short hours away, I thought I would post a quick update outlining some of my plans and goals for my first year participating. If you're participating in NaNoWriMo this year, please feel free to add me as a writing buddy and keep up on twitter. If you have not hear of NaNoWriMo then I'll give you a short version: writers all over the world try to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days (the month of November). This basically means if you write every single day you should write somewhere around 1,667 a day. Knowing that I will be out of town and otherwise occupied for a few of those days, my personal goal is to write 2,500 words a day. I'll likely write an occasional blog detailing my progress along the way, so stay tuned if you feel so inclined. The novel I will be working on is called Scarred (for now, at least) and here is a watered down, general synopsis that can be found on the NaNoWriMo site.



Synopsis
            Everybody likes Isaac Lyle.  He’s a young, attractive, talented musician with a bright future ahead of him.  Until one day when his life is turned upside down.  Now, two years later, Isaac is living with the guilt of an accident he didn’t cause, his mother is slipping further and further away into depression, and he’s trapped.  While everyone else still likes him, Isaac is starting to wonder if he likes himself.

            All Liza has ever wanted is to be understood; for someone to look at her and see more than her scars.  With a scar that runs the length of her face and dozens more running down her arms, Liza attracts attention.  Just not the kind of attention she wants.  Having left her old life of fear and pain behind all Liza wants is to embrace a new life of hope and love.  But toxic thoughts still plague her mind and people still smile with pity. 

            Isaac and Liza cross paths for the first time the January of their senior year in high school.  That first meeting sends them on a journey of self discovery where they find not only beauty in each other, but beauty in themselves.  Can two hearts so broken, two worlds so shattered, ever really mend?  Isaac and Liza are on a journey to find the answer.


Please feel free to give me feedback or thoughts as I head into this new journey! You can find me on youtube here and goodreads here

This has been your book loving friend, Courtney.

No comments:

Post a Comment