Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Tuesday Talks | Background Information

Tuesday Talks is a weekly discussion group started by Janie and Janelle. You should check it out and get involved with the fun.

Background/Backstory: How much do you want?
This really honestly completely depends on the book for me. In some cases having information about the characters and their pasts is really helpful and gives me more of a connection with the story. In other situations I don't mind not having much to go on. Sometimes the characters' stories unravel as the novel progresses and I really like that. 
I also think it has something to do with the genre. I read a lot of fantasy and thrillers and with these I think it can help the story move better if the details are sparse to begin with. There really isn't much for me to say about this topic because it's all on a book by book basis for me really. 

What do you prefer? A lot of background, only a little? Let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment