Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Tuesday Talks | Bookstores Vs Online Shopping

Tuesday talks is a weekly meme hosted by Janie and Janelle. You can join in the fun by joining the goodreads group here. It's always fun to discuss bookish topics with fellow readers. :D

The topic today is-shopping in a bookstore or online, which do you do and why?
I, like I'm sure most people do, shop both online and in store a lot. I prefer being in the store. There is something about being in the store, smelling the books (I can't be the only one who does that, right?) and browsing the shelves that online just can't compare to. Seriously, seeing hundreds of books all together, lined up on shelves makes me happy. In college I used to go to the library and just walk down the aisles of books. I just love it!

Sometimes shopping online can be more convenient. Recently I've had to order a lot of books because they aren't carried in the stores I tend to shop at. Sometimes I can also get deals online that I can't find in a store. I do like to support my local bookstore though and when I can I buy there. 

Another thing is ebooks. Sometimes there are books only released through kindle and other reading apps/devices that you have to purchase online. It would be a shame to miss out on these because you only shop for books in the store. Also, independent authors often publish books through places like Amazon, so their books might not be available for sale in bookstores yet. 

If given the choice, a bookstore would be the place for me. Sometimes online is just the way I have to go. And I've found some great novels by shopping online, so it's definitely not a bad thing. 

So what do you think about bookstores vs online shopping? Tell me in the comments!

You can find me on YouTube, Goodreads, and Twitter

Until next time...go read! 

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment