Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Imaginary Fred~Eoin Colfer & Oliver Jeffers | Review

Title: Imaginary Fred
Author: Eoin Colfer and Oliver Jeffers
Genre: Children's Picture Book
Length: 48 Pages
Release: September 2015
My Rating: 5/5 Stars

Review
Eoin Colfer has been one of my favorite authors for over ten years now. When I found out he had a picture book, I knew I had to get my hands on it.

This is a story of what it is to be an imaginary friend. Fred is an imaginary boy who keeps being forgotten about when his friends become friends with other real children. Fred is happy for them, but he wants a friend he can have forever. And thus begins the tale.

This story is really cute and the artwork is perfect. It would be a perfect story for an older picture book lover who enjoys the story and not just the pictures. You really need both to truly appreciate this. Not having any children of my own, I can't tell you too much about what children actually think of this title, but I personally loved it. And it will be added to my shelf for my future children.

If you have children and want to encourage them to read from a young age, read this with them. It's cute and has a great story with fun drawings that give great detail without being overwhelming. If you're a fan of either Eoin Colfer or Oliver Jeffers, you will definitely enjoy this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment