Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Tuesday Talks | Underated and Unusual Books

Tuesday Talks is a weekly meme hosted by Janie and Janelle where we discuss different bookish topics. So check it out and join in the fun!

Underrated and Unusual
This is kind of a tough topic for me. I'm not sure what I can consider unusual or underrated, but I'll try and find something among my books. Most of my favorites, while widely read, aren't huge, so I almost feel like just spouting a list of my absolute favorite books. But that gets old, so here are some more serious thoughts. 

This is a book I read just over a year ago and fell in love with. It's a YA time travel with complicated characters and an exciting plot. I seriously loved it. And it doesn't seem to be very widely read. So go read All Our Yesterdays.








This is Brandon Sanderson's middle grade series that had me laughing the entire way through. The fifth and final book is set to release in June 2016 and I am so excited. If you like to laugh, enjoy magic, and like middle grade books read this one. It's not all that widely known, but it's worth reading. 







While I'm sure that there are many more books out there that are unusual or underrated, I will stick with these for now. I could go on all day about books that people need to read and I don't want to bore you. 

Please comment and let me know what some of your favorite unusual or underrated books are. I would love to have some more suggestions so I can read some more!




4 comments:

  1. I think Lost for Words, by Elizabeth Lutzeier is underrated and unknown! It isn't the best book you'll ever read, but it does touch on an important topic!

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to check that one out!

      Delete
  2. I am surprised by some of the books that are just not talked about in the book community so I feel like a broken record when I continually promote those books. Oh well it must be done. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! But someone has to talk about great books that people seem to ignore...

      Delete