Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tuesday Talks | Reading for Holidays or Seasons

Tuesday Talks is a weekly discussion group created by Janie and Janelle. If you blog, vlog, or have goodreads, it's a good place to discuss bookish topics with other readers. There is a new topic each week and we get to suggest topics to be used, so if there's something bookish you would like to have a discussion about, suggest it.

Reading for Holidays and Seasons
A lot of people I've met will set their reading entirely around a certain season or holiday. At Halloween they might only read scary books and at Christmas they might read Christmas themed books. For me this hasn't ever really been a thing. I read what I feel like reading when I feel like reading it, no matter the genre or subject. 

I know "summer reads" are also really popular, but I find that I usually read the books people are planning to read over the summer during the winter/spring. I don't know why that is. The only books that I'm probably slightly more likely to read for a specific season are those set around Christmas or in winter. I do read these at other times in the year, but at that time I'm  more likely to pick up a book for that holiday/season.

There are also a lot of people I've met or seen on booktube who like to read certain genres during certain seasons. Like fantasy during the winter and contemporary over the summer. Again, for me it all depends on what I feel like reading. Fantasy is my favorite genre, so I read it all year long, no matter when it's set. If I think I might like a book I pick it up and read it. 

What about you, do you read specifically for holidays and seasons? Or do you just read what you feel like reading?   

No comments:

Post a Comment