Monday, June 11, 2018

May 2018 Reading and Life Recap

Favorite Read of May (excluding rereads)
Dark Life by Kat Falls was a random pick for me. I was participating in a reading challenge that needed a book that was set under water and found the audiobook on my library Overdrive account so decided to give it a listen. And I ended up really enjoying it.

It's a post-apocalyptic story that involves the colonization of the ocean, which in itself is a really interesting concept. It was also well written, attention grabbing, and had a cast of fun characters. I'm definitely planning to pick up the sequel in the not too distant future.








Bucket List Item 
Maybe that is a bit of an extreme discription for this, but I have been wanting to go to a Drive-In movie for a long time. And I finally did in May. The first weekend in May I saw Avengers: Infinity War at a drive-in and it was really fun. I wish that I lived even closer to one than I do so I could go regularly. It has great prices, the staff is fun, and it's a laid back venue. I will definitely be going back again. I shared a picture on instagram that incorporates some bookish fun into the movie experience: Books & Movies

Being Bold
For the past nine or so months I have worked full time doing something that I was not really enjoying. Yes, it was a job, but I want something that will give me more satisfaction than just getting a pay check. In May I decided to take a risk and give some of my other plans a try. I'm at the point in my life where it's kind of a now or never type of thing. It's scary, I'm not always great at it, and I don't know how it will pan out yet, but I'm taking a shot at following some of my dreams and I'm excited to do so.

Writing
I have been working on a fantasy novel for several months now and finally decided to push myself. I moved up my first draft goal from January 2019 to September 2018. If I don't quite meet this goal that's fine, but I think that I can make it work. If I don't push myself to grow then I will never be able to develop as a writer and share all of my work with the world. Fingers crossed that I have big news in regards to this project next year. That's the goal at this point.

These are just a few of the highlights of my month. I'm trying to motivate myself to reach farther and try harder. Some days I feel like an utter failure and others I'm on top of the world. I'm hoping that means I can fall somewhere in the middle most of the time and keep a steady pace that moves me forward.

I would love to hear about some of your weekly/monthly/yearly highlights. Let me know what things are making you happy or challenging you to be the best you you can be.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your novel and job changes! I hope you’re having a good June.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Things are going pretty well at the moment, hope you're having a good June as well!

      Delete